Thursday 23 January 2014

Who Are YA?

Who are YA?


Hi all and welcome to The Donny Pop. Your probably wondering why your here, who I am, why there is yet another doncaster website and why any of this matters.                  

Due to the recent failed takeover saga which separated the fans, turned people against people, I came up with with an idea of creating another webpage, another forum and another blog. I am well aware that there are more of these then attendances at recent games.

Upon creating this webpage I had two aims. 1) the supporters hub, sounds like the supporters club but not associated. I got the idea from our world famous college here in Doncaster. I would love a place why everything doncaster rovers was central and together. 2) the second aim and more importantly,  I wanted to create a place where fans really do have their say and can put their opinions to other fans. Therefore I created the forum, but equal to this my idea involves regular blogs written by us fans, articles about outcomes of fan votes, reports by rival fans and much much more.

Now I know your all wondering who is this person? Is it John Ryan? Is it the man behind the takeover? Is it George Friend? Well I'm none of these, just a life long fan, and for now I will remain 'thedonnypop' to save myself from embarrassment this goes 't!t$ up' as they say. This is also my first time doing something like this, so please be patient with me, and lets help each other out.

I unfortunately don't have a degree in journalism, don't have the knowledge of Stephen Fry and most importantly despite my best intentions I probably don't have the time to do this all by myself. Also that would defeat the aim, so I will be looking for help, initially in the shape of moderators on the forum and contributors for the blogs.

Without further ado get yourself registered for free in the forum http://thedonnypop.moreforum.com/ and enjoy!

Lastly I would like to tell everyone that this webpage is unofficial and not associated to any supporters group. 

Thanks for reading!

Rovers till I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment